Please read before completing the online registration form.
- The Fall Semester consists of a 15-week session beginning September 14, 2020 and ending January 15, 2021. Classes meet once per week at The Studio Connection. There will be no class during the following weeks in fall semester: November 23-27 (Thanksgiving week) & December 21-January 1 (Winter Break).
- Spring Semester will consist of a 15-week session beginning February 1, and ending May 21, 2021. Classes meet once per week at The Studio Connection. There will be no class March 22-26 during the Studio Spring Break.
- Summer Musikgarten classes will be offered to continue the year-round class structure. These 8-week classes will be in session from June 7 through July 30, 2020.
- Prompt attendance is important so classes may begin and end on time. It is recommended that students and caregivers arrive 5-10 minutes early to get settled.
- There are no refunds for classes missed by the student. The instructor will reschedule classes she may miss.
- Please call the studio as early as possible on the day of the class if you must miss a class.
- Because illness travels rapidly amongst children, please keep sick children at home.
- Please see our COVID-19 Studio Procedures as outlined on the website by clicking here.
- Students under the age of 10 are NOT expected to wear masks in Musikgarten classes - however this is based on parental discretion.
- The instructor will wear a face shield and keep proper distance to allow students to see facial expressions, mouth formations, and allow for clearer enunciation.
- Precautions will be made within social distancing recommendations and seating spaced throughout the room (marked tape spots to help guide parents/students). There will be a limit of 5 families per class.
- There will be no hand-holding or contact with anyone other than family members.
- Families may choose to bring their own instruments (instrument packs available for purchase upon request), but instruments used within class will be sanitized before and after use, and not shared amongst class-members.
- Adaptations to regular class activities will be made as long as deemed necessary by the CDC.
- If we are unable to continue class in-person due to rising levels of risk in Wood County, digital Zoom lessons or YouTube classes will be arranged for families to keep learning at home.
Parents assist in the following ways:
- Participate actively in a pleasant, relaxed manner.
- Invite but never force active participation.
- Gently guide behavior.
- For disruptive behavior: Parent provides calming time by withdrawing with child from active participation OR by leaving classroom with child, according to parent’s assessment.
- Refrain from carrying on conversations with other adults during the class, particularly during singing.
- Turn cell phones off or do not bring them into the classroom area.
- Leave individual food, drinks, and toys outside the classroom area.
Payment is expected no later than the conclusion of the first class. Early payment secures a place in the desired class. Size is limited to 5 students.
- One-time tuition payment is made per semester, except for Music Makers Classes. Instructor will consider other payment arrangements by request.
- There are no refunds.
- Family Music for Babies tuition of $150 includes $37.50 for the family packet of materials and $7.50 per 30-minute class for each 15-week session.
- Family Music for Toddlers tuition of $164 includes $36.50 for the family packet of music materials and $8.50 per 30-minute class for each 15-week session.
- Cycle of Seasons tuition of $184 includes $42.00 for the family packet of materials and $9.50 per 40-minute class for each 15-week session.
- Music Makers: At Home in the World tuition of $220 per semester or $44 per month (Sept.-Jan.) and $55 per month (Feb.-May) includes $56.00 for two family packets of materials per semester and $11.00 per 50-minute class for the 15-week session (parents attend last 10 min. of class only).
- Music Makers: Around the World tuition of $228 or $46 per month (Sept.-Jan.) for fall semester and $228 or $57 per month (Feb.-May) includes family home materials and $11.50 per 60-minute class for each 15-week session (parents attend last 15 min. of class only).
We greatly appreciate your complements and referrals to other families in the area. Please feel free to invite others to visit a class session upon making arrangements with the instructor. Musikgarten students will be given first priority when The Studio Connection is accepting new students for private piano/music lessons. Thank you for entrusting us to provide a solid musical education and positive learning environment for your child!